Buildings and others
|Impact Factor||Before Adoption||After Adoption|
|Farmer Practice||Traditional method||Improved scientific method|
|Yield of Product||480q/ha||900/ha|
|Marketing||Sugarcane factories at Riga||Sugarcane factories and progressive farmers|
|Dissemination of knowledge in the locality||3%||27%|
|Knowledge gain based on 1- 5 scale*||2||4|
|Feeling of economic security based on 1- 5 scale*||2||4|
|Ability to understand and solve problems based on 1- 5 scale*||2||4|
|Self image in community based on 1- 5 scale*||3||4|
|Self confidence based on 1- 5 scale*||4||5|
* 1- 5 scale indicates 1 = lowest and 5 = highest
Benefits (Economical and Social) (not more than 150 words):
These practices resulted in a bumper crop of sugarcane with higher yield and income which multiplied Alok’s farm output considerably. He got a net profit of 9,79,500 lakhs from 7 acres of land by cultivating intercropping of sugarcane variety CoP 2061with potato in scientific mode. The demand of sugarcane is high due to sugarcane factories situated near to his farm at Riga. He also sold some of the sugarcane as seed because this variety CoP 2061 became the first choice by the farmers in the district. Early uprooting of potato and selling in the market also remunerated him additionally. After getting handsome income he built own house and admitted his son in convent school. Today he is known as sugarman of this district and many farmers follow the path of Sri Alok Kumar Singh.
9. Adoption, Spread, Up Scaling of Technology and Future Projection (not more than 150 words):
A. Adoption & spread of technology
The farmers community observes about technical, Social and economical empowerment of Sri Alok Kumar and adopting the technologies applied by Sri Alok Kumar in his field.The following technologies are adopted and spreaded in the farmers fields.
|S.N.||Adoption %||Spreaded in Area (ha)|
|1||Productivity and production enhancement through potential high yielding variety Cop-206||18||180|
|2||Production technologies through single bud seedling production and gap filling in the main field of sugarcane||14||140|
|3||Trench method of plantation||21||210|
|4||Protection technologies such as sugarcane set treatment method and mode of pesticide application with proper doze & time||32||320|
|5||Intercropping with potato||16||160|
B. Up Scaling of technology :
(i) Training of farmers, kishan gosthi, workshop, diagnostic visits were organized.
(ii) Availability of quality seed of sugarcane & potato to the farmers.
C. Future projection
1. Development of integrated seed supply system in combination of systems to popularize new varieties of sugarcane and potato through creation of linkages between research institution, Public sector, private sector and farmers needed for mitigating quality seed shortage.
2. Development of seed village concept as a tool to bridge the gap between the quality seed requirement & availability of quality seed involving the end users.
Relevant, action and attractive, clear, high resolution photographs with proper CAPTION related to success stories.
- Single bud removal from sugarcane set
- Single bud seed treatment of sugarcane
- Single bud of sugarcane placement in tray
- Farmer Alok Kumar Singh in his Sugarcane field
- Intercropping of Sugarcane with potato